HRI COVID-19 Event Safety Guidelines
Following the guidance from the NC Department of Health and Human Services, the Hemlock Restoration Initiative has updated our event guidelines to reflect the progress that has been made in COVID-19 vaccination efforts. Despite the lifting of restrictions, we acknowledge the risk that COVID-19 continues to pose to members of our community. To maintain the safety of our event participants and staff, HRI is requiring that all individuals follow HRI’s COVID-19 safety guidelines. However, we cannot eliminate all risk of exposure, and participants will be accepting some level of risk by choosing to attend.
We will ask all participants to indicate that they understand and will adhere to the guidelines below when signing up for an event and upon arriving at the event. If participants are unwilling to follow these guidelines, HRI staff will request those individuals leave an event.
- COVID-19 Symptoms/Exposure – All volunteers and event participants regardless of vaccination status are required to stay home if they are experiencing any symptoms that could be related to COVID-19 including fever, cough, or gastro-intestinal issues. Unvaccinated attendees must stay home if within the past 2 weeks they have had direct contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or if anyone in their household has traveled to an area heavily impacted by COVID-19. If you have to cancel as a result of illness or COVID-19 exposure, we will fully refund your event fee.
- Travel – Participants will be required to make their own arrangements to arrive to the event location. HRI staff will not be providing rides nor organizing carpools. If a short shuttle ride is necessary, participants will be asked to wear masks while riding in vehicles with other participants or staff.
- Masks – HRI is no longer requiring volunteers and event attendees to wear a mask or face covering during outdoor events. Participants will still be required to wear a mask indoors or when physical distancing cannot be maintained. Any participant is welcome to wear a mask at other times if they wish.
- Staff Responsibilities – All HRI staff have been fully vaccinated and will adhere to the same requirements as participants outlined above. HRI encourages participants to inform staff of their comfort level with these guidelines and staff will wear a mask and observe physical distancing guidelines if requested.
- Affiliated Partners – When working jointly with another organization, HRI staff and event participants will be required to adhere to all safety guidelines set forward by that organization, including COVID-19 guidelines. In all cases, the stricter safety guidelines set by any organization will take precedence at an event.
Your signature on the HRI Volunteer Workday or Education Program Sign-In Sheet indicates that you have read and will adhere to the COVID-19 guidelines listed above and agree to release HRI, from any liability should you test positive for COVID-19 after attending an HRI event.