HRI COVID-19 Event Safety Guidelines
The Hemlock Restoration Initiative is restarting our educational programs and volunteer events. Despite the lifting of restrictions, we acknowledge the risk that COVID-19 continues to pose to members of our community. To maintain the safety of our event participants and staff, HRI is limiting the number of participants at all events and requiring that all individuals follow HRI’s COVID-19 safety guidelines. Despite taking precautions, we cannot eliminate all risk of exposure, and participants will be accepting some level of risk by choosing to attend.
We will ask all participants to indicate that they understand and will adhere to the guidelines below when signing up for an event and upon arriving at the event. If participants are unwilling to follow these guidelines, HRI staff will request those individuals leave an event.
- COVID-19 Symptoms/Exposure – Volunteers and event participants are required to stay home if they are experiencing any symptoms that could be related to COVID-19 including fever, cough, or gastro-intestinal issues. Attendees must stay home if within the past 2 weeks they have had direct contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or if anyone in their household has traveled to an area heavily impacted by COVID-19 If you have to cancel as a result of illness or COVID-19 exposure, we will fully refund your event fee.
- Travel–Participants will be required to make their own arrangements to arrive to the event location. HRI staff will not be providing rides nor organizing carpools.
- Physical Distancing – We are requiring individuals observe the 6ft physical distancing guidelines set forth by the CDC. We will enforce this policy at our events.
- Masks & Gloves – We are requiring volunteers, and event attendees to properly wear a mask upon arrival to the event, while gathering in a group, and when people are moving around in way which could bring people within 6 feet of one another. Otherwise when people are able to maintain a physical distance of at least 6 feet, such as while hiking, masks are not required to be worn. HRI will be prepared to provide masks if anyone shows up without one. Individuals will be required to wear masks and gloves while handling commonly used equipment, such as DBH tapes, GPS units, data recording materials, and equipment that may be contaminated by pesticides.
- Regarding Vaccination – We are continuing to require masks and physical distancing of all attendees and staff, regardless of whether individuals have been vaccinated.
- Staff Responsibilities – HRI staff will adhere to the same requirements outlined above. Staff will sanitize commonly used tools and gear provided during events. Difficult to sanitize equipment, such as those that may be contaminated with pesticides, will only be handled by staff and event attendees while wearing masks and gloves.
- Affiliated Partners – When working jointly with another organization, HRI staff and event participants will be required to adhere to all safety guidelines set forward by that organization, including COVID-19 guidelines. In all cases, the stricter safety guidelines set by any organization will take precedence at an event.
Your signature on the HRI Volunteer Workday or Education Program Sign-In Sheet indicates that you have read and will adhere to the COVID-19 guidelines listed above and agree to release HRI, from any liability should you test positive for COVID-19 after attending an HRI event.