Click the links below to learn more about ways to get involved with HRI
You can also:
- Invite HRI to speak to your community, lead a hike, or participate in a local conservation-oriented event (email email@example.com)
- Use native, locally-sourced trees and other plants in your landscaping to avoid introducing other unwanted pests
- Feed the NCDA&CS Beneficial Insect Lab your unwanted adelgid (contact Steven Turner)
- Inform the Forest Restoration Alliance about any potentially HWA-resistant “survivor trees” that literally “stand out” in a stand of otherwise dead hemlock trees. Use the TreeSnap app to submit possible candidates.
- Follow HRI on Facebook (“Save The Hemlocks”) or Instagram (@hemlock_restoration_initiative)