On Tuesday, March 27th the HRI will be hosting a full-day hemlock treatment workshop at Camp High Rocks in Transylvania County, NC.
This workshop is aimed at camps in Western North Carolina and is intended to train camp staff or other land managers in hemlock health assessment and treatment on camp properties. Attendees will be able to take information and techniques learned back to their campus to train or lead a small in-house crew to perform easy, low cost hemlock treatments. The workshop will cover how to determine when this approach is appropriate, as well as other hemlock management options for a range of situations. This opportunity is made possible thanks to funds and support from the NC Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services.
A morning classroom session will be followed by lunch (provided). The afternoon will focus on demonstrations and hands-on practice.
Topics will include:
- Easy and affordable DIY treatment methods & techniques
- Hemlock management in forested vs. landscape settings
- Integrating biological controls and monitoring
- When to seek professional help
Registration is required. The $25 registration fee includes lunch and take-home hemlock treatment equipment for each participating organization.
Time: 10am- 4pm (with a 1 hour lunch)
Date: Tuesday March 27th, 2018
Location: Camp High Rocks, 1234 High Rocks Rd, Brevard, North Carolina 28712
Registration Fee: $25 per organization (up to 2 people)
to complete your registration we must receive 1. your registration form electronically or via mail and 2. your check for the $25 registration fee via mail on or before the registration deadline of 03/16/18.
1. Download the registration form below (Word document), fill it out on the computer and email it to: email@example.com AND mail in check for $25 registration fee.
2. Print and fill out the registration form below (PDF) and mail it with your check for the $25 registration fee.
*please see registration forms below for instructions on making out checks and mailing registration materials. You will receive a confirmation once your registration has been processed.
Questions? Call our office (828)-252-4783 or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org