On Wednesday, April 25th, the Blue Ridge Conservancy will be hosting the Hemlock Restoration Initiative for a full-day hemlock treatment workshop at Valle Crucis Conference Center in Banner Elk, NC.
This workshop is aimed at land managers and conservation-based NGOs in Western North Carolina and is intended to provide updates on treatment options and protocols. Attendees will be able to take information and techniques learned to train or lead a small in-house crew to assess hemlock health and perform easy, low cost hemlock treatments on the lands they steward and manage. The workshop will cover how to determine when this approach is appropriate, as well as other hemlock management options for a range of situations. This opportunity is made possible thanks to funds and support from the NC Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services.
A morning classroom session will be followed by lunch (provided). The afternoon will focus on demonstrations and hands-on practice.
Topics will include:
- Easy and affordable DIY treatment methods & techniques
- Hemlock management in forested vs. landscape settings
- Integrating biological controls and monitoring
- When to seek professional help
Registration is required.
Time: 9:30am- 4pm (lunch included)
Date: Wednesday April 25th, 2018
Location: Valle Crucis Conference Center, 146 Skiles Way, Banner Elk, NC 28604
to complete your registration we must receive your registration form electronically or via mail on or before the registration deadline of 04/16/18.
1. Download the registration form below (Word document), fill it out on the computer and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Print and fill out the registration form below (PDF) and mail it as instructed on the form.
You will receive a confirmation once your registration has been processed.
Questions? Call our office (828)-252-4783 or email us at: email@example.com