Applications are being accepted for the AmeriCorps Project Conserve HRI Outreach and Volunteer Engagement Associate with the Hemlock Restoration Initiative of WNC Communities.
As this is a new opportunity, I need help getting the word out. Please share with anyone who may be interested. I am hoping to attract a strong pool of high-quality candidates.
The 11-month term will run from September 1, 2016 to July 31, 2017 and will be based out of Asheville, NC.
Please note the application deadline is June 1, 2016.
The purpose of the HRI Outreach and Volunteer Engagement Associate position is to assist the HRI Coordinator to increase the capacity of the HRI to reach a larger audience, to educate, engage and empower more community members and groups to participate in hemlock conservation, and to increase the number of eastern and Carolina hemlock trees currently receiving protection from HWA.
- Schedule, organize and publicize presentations, hikes, and other educational/outreach events
- One-on-One Education – Develop individual training/resources for community residents; respond to inquiries
- Schedule, organize and recruit volunteers for workdays to collect data, chemically treat trees, and monitor trees for biological control program on public lands
- Assist with HWA Biological Control program and insectary development
- Social Media — Share HRI and partner activities & accomplishments and HRI-related stories & research
Here is a link to the program website:
All questions can be directed to Margot Wallston at firstname.lastname@example.org.